Monday, April 16, 2012

So much for menu planning...

Last week I found out that I have gestational diabetes. Unfortunately, most of the recipes I had planned for the rest of the month are out of the question... chicken parmesan, general tso's with rice, bruschetta chicken, carbonara, scampi -- so much pasta!!

Breakfast: Instead of Pop-Tarts all around, the boys eat Pop-Tarts and I eat two scrambled eggs with half a piece of toast.

Lunch: Hubby still takes leftovers, but I'm eating salads with cubed chicken.

Snacks: Apple or banana with a spoonful of peanut butter. Baby carrots with ranch dressing.

Dinners: This is where I am lost. Marinated chicken breast... and I'm out of ideas :( Last night we had Little Caesar's personal pizzas-- no one objected to pizza and it was the perfect amount of carbs for my dinner.

Tonight I am planning steaks. Just a steak for me, with some veggies maybe, but steak and fried potatoes for hubby. I'll report back on what I come up with for the rest of the week. Ideas much appreciated.
Thanks for reading! Leave a comment, make my day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment