Friday, May 18, 2012

Fill Your Freezer: Brown Bag Burritos


I made these Brown Bag Burritos during my very first freezer cooking attempt.  My husband loves that he can grab a few of these to take for lunch when there are no leftovers in the fridge.  I'm not a fan of food this spicy, but I love that the recipe makes so many burritos!!


This took care of 2 more pounds of my ground beef stockpile... 5 down, 15 to go!!  I threw the onions in with the beef instead of adding them later.


I had trouble getting the filling to simmer without making a huge mess.  Next time I'll probably make the filling in a stock pot instead.


I had two "taco kits" that needed to be used up - so I used the 20 teeny-tiny tortillas from those along with a pack of 10 regular-sized tortillas.  I still have a little less than half of the filling left.  I froze it until I can get to the store to buy more tortillas.  Hubby will have lunch for at least a month!!

Next up:  Chicken Cordon Bleu, Rosemary Porkchops, & Sloppy Joes

Linked at:
Thanks for reading! Leave a comment, make my day!!

2 comments:

  1. [...] using one of my “postpartum meals” as a side-dish at a potluck this weekend.  And, brown bag burritos are an easy go-to lunch to compliment hectic [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] Grilled Chicken Salad, Ham & Swiss Sandwiches, Brown Bag Burritos, Pasta with Pan [...]

    ReplyDelete