I've since simplified the recipe, drastically. Here is my super-simple Pasta Carbonara recipe:
1/2 pound of bacon
1 box of spaghetti
4 eggs (2 whole, 2 yolks)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces. In a skillet, fry bacon until crispy. Note: You can't do it in the microwave or use precooked bacon because you'll need to use the grease from cooking in the skillet.
- Boil spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Mix 2 whole eggs, 2 egg yolks, 1/2 cup of milk, and 1/4 cup of parmesan. Whisk these ingredients until well mixed.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add egg mixture to pot. Stir immediately and mix well. Note: Yes, raw eggs. The heat from the noodles is enough to cook the eggs and the heat from the pot is some added insurance.
- Add bacon and grease to pot. Stir until well mixed and serve with extra parmesan or toasted bread crumbs on top.
Thanks for reading! Leave a comment, make my day!!