Friday, December 28, 2012

One Word for 2013: Home

OneWord2013_Home

What one word describes your plan for 2013?  One Word 365 encourages us to focus on just one word, rather than a long list of "to-do's" and forgotten resolutions that will make us feel guilty.

In 2012, I focused a lot of my time, energy, and prayers on my desire to be a stay-at-home-mom.  It's just not in the cards for me right now... but someday it will be.  Staying home has become my long-term goal and now I need to focus on the small things that will get me there.

My long term goal:  I can stay home when we pay off our debt.

It would be nice to strip down to a bare-bones budget and throw all our extra money at the debt... except that's like starving yourself on a diet.  If I don't eat anything I crave, I will eventually binge.  If we don't spent any extra money, we eventually splurge.  I can't work extra hours and make our food from scratch.  It's one or the other.  Trying both leads to burn-out... and I can't be a good wife or mother if I'm burnt-out.

This year, I want to keep a balance.  I want to work to pay down the debt, but I want to make the most of all my time that I don't spend at work.  I'll be writing next week about my specific goals for 2013.  But, the theme of my goals is Home.

Get your free "One Word" button from Melanie at Only a Breath.

OneWord2013_Home

1 comment: