Saturday, March 10, 2012

Menu for March 12-18

I stuck with my menu this week!  Congrats to me :)  We also have spent almost our entire grocery budget already this month, because I made a trip to Sam's club early this week.  I wanted to prove to my husband that paying for our membership really doesn't save us any money.  So, I wrote down the prices for all of the things we buy at the local store (generic brands when available) and I took my list to Sam's club to compare.  Most things were actually a good deal, especially boneless skinless chicken breasts (which we eat a lot) -- so I bought fish sticks, chicken tenders, tater tots, coffee, ranch dressing mix, and about 20 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts.  And, these name-brand products, like Tyson chicken tenders, were a better deal then the generic brands from the local grocery store.  All good deals, but I blew the grocery budget doing it.  So, for the rest of the month, we're going to be eating out of the pantry as much as possible!!!



The new pot roast recipe was a hit!  I didn't realize the recipe doesn't really call for a crockpot until after I started throwing things into the crockpot... but I just kept going and added the first 11 ingredients to the crockpot and it was the best pot roast I've ever made!! It also cooked really quickly, so I ended up taking it out of the crockpot and heating it up in a roasting pan, later when my husband got home.  I served it with egg noodles and beef broth.  YUM!!



Next week's menu:
  • Monday: Pork BBQ Sandwiches with tatertots
  • Tuesday:  Salisbury Steak, mashed potatoes with gravy, and corn
  • Wednesday:  BBQ Pork Ribs with fried potatoes
  • Thursday:  Chicken Alfredo served over penne with garlic toast
  • Friday:  Takeout
  • Saturday:  Leftovers and Dinner with family
  • Sunday:  Shrimp Scampi served over angel hair pasta


Thanks for reading! Leave a comment, make my day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment