Sunday, March 18, 2012

Menu for March 19 - 25

I didn't do such a great job sticking to my menu last week, but I learned a very valuable lesson.  I was in a small car accident on Tuesday and my husband talked me into dinner at a restaurant after such a crazy day.  Sometimes, it's important to plan your menu and budget your grocery trips.  Sometimes those things are very important.  But, sometimes, you just need to relax, spent time with your family, and thank God for your blessings.  I'm 7 months pregnant, so a major car accident could have been tragic for us.  I walked away without a scratch and my car has chipped paint on the bumper.  We are very blessed.

I'm still sticking to my grocery budget and going another week without shopping (only buying milk).  This week, I'm planning to cook the following:

Monday:  BBQ ribs in the crockpot with tatertots or fried potatoes
Tuesday:  Artichoke Chicken (Pampered Chef Recipe) with egg noodles
Wednesday:  TGIFriday's Bruschetta Chicken
Thursday:  Hamburger Helper
Friday:  Chicken & Gravy over waffles
Saturday:  Banquet at Church
Sunday:  Salisbury Steak



I am really excited to try the Bruschetta Chicken recipe.  It's my favorite dish from TGIFriday's and I have been craving it soooo badly!!  I was so excited to see that I had all of the ingredients on hand.  At first, I didn't have any tomatoes, but my boss just brought us all tomatoes from her vacation in Florida.  I did promise my (very-picky-eater) husband that if he does not like it, I will cook him spaghetti and meatballs on Sunday so he can get his pasta fix.  Maybe I'll post a tutorial if the recipe is a hit!

Will be linked at:



No comments:

Post a Comment