Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fill Your Freezer: Tacos


Moneysavingmom.com's freezer cooking challenge came at the perfect time for me!  There are 27 days left until my due date and lots of meals that need prepared for those sleep-deprived days to follow.  Since ground beef is on sale at Martin's this week ($1.99/lb), I bought around 20 lbs of it.  Now, I need to turn that into something quick and easy for hubby to thaw and eat.

First up:  Tacos!!

I decided to start easy and work my way up.  I took 3 lbs of ground beef and browned it.  I combined that with two taco seasoning packets and two cans of dark red kidney beans.  Then, I split that between four bowls and flash-froze them.  When they were completely frozen later that night, I popped them out of the bowls and put two servings each in freezer bags.  Four easy-peasy taco dinners ready to go.


Now, I need ideas for the other 17 lbs of ground beef!! 

Next up:  Brown Bag Burritos
Thanks for reading! Leave a comment, make my day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment