Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fill Your Freezer: Lasagna Casserole


FINALLY!!  I finally made lasagna casserole.  This recipe has been on my to-do list since before my Third Trimester Freezer Cooking Session.  I'm not a fan of cottage cheese, so I don't keep any on hand and I don't know what a good price is.  Since I had so much ground beef to use up, I finally sucked-it-up and bought enough cottage cheese to make 3 casseroles.



Looks yummy!  While constructing casserole #3, I knocked over the strainer that held all of my noodles... and they scattered all over the floor.  Thankfully, it was only the last half of the last casserole.  And thankfully, my seven-year-old mopped last night.  Yes, Landon mopped the kitchen floor.  It's amazing what a savings goal (some obscure Lego set) can do for someone's work ethic!!  I never thought I'd hear, "Mom, do we need to work in the garden this week?"  [But, I digress]  So, I carefully inspected and rinsed everysingleone of the handful of noodles I spilled, and added them to the casserole.  Five-second-rule, right??

Unfortunately, my kitchen is being disassembled tonight...  I'm getting a new sink, garbage disposal, cabinets, and a built-in dishwasher!!  My freezer cooking plan for tomorrow is to fill some more tortillas for brown bag burritos, because I already have the filling made and I don't have to stand up to do it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment