I got this idea from Civilized Caveman during his presentation at the Real Food Con.
I am trying so hard to eat "real food" and less processed things. Poor Raegan has had a terrible diaper rash for almost 2 months, so I am trying to play with her diet and see what is causing that. We've eliminated acidic fruit and dairy, so far. It seems to have gotten better, but not completely. I can't imagine a life without gluten so I'm afraid to try that. But, this side-dish makes it seem not so bad!
Directions: Cook everything in your fridge in one skillet.
Just kidding. But, not really. This dish reminded me a lot of my favorite egg dish.
1. Roast 1 large sweet potato (diced) at 350* for 15-20 minutes.
2. Cook 1 lb bacon in a skillet.
3. When bacon is done, add 1 diced onion to skillet.
4. When onions are soft, add 1 diced apple to skillet with 2 tbsp butter.
5. When apple is soft, squeeze the juice from 1 lemon into skillet and add the roasted sweet potatoes.
6. Sprinkle with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
This was incredibly greasy, but absolutely delicious. I ate it so fast I didn't even think to take a picture! Enjoy!!