Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sweet Potato Hash

I got this idea from Civilized Caveman during his presentation at the Real Food Con.

I am trying so hard to eat "real food" and less processed things.  Poor Raegan has had a terrible diaper rash for almost 2 months, so I am trying to play with her diet and see what is causing that.  We've eliminated acidic fruit and dairy, so far.  It seems to have gotten better, but not completely.  I can't imagine a life without gluten so I'm afraid to try that.  But, this side-dish makes it seem not so bad!

Directions:  Cook everything in your fridge in one skillet.

Just kidding.  But, not really.  This dish reminded me a lot of my favorite egg dish.

1.  Roast 1 large sweet potato (diced) at 350* for 15-20 minutes.
2.  Cook 1 lb bacon in a skillet.
3.  When bacon is done, add 1 diced onion to skillet.
4.  When onions are soft, add 1 diced apple to skillet with 2 tbsp butter.
5.  When apple is soft, squeeze the juice from 1 lemon into skillet and add the roasted sweet potatoes.
6.  Sprinkle with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.

This was incredibly greasy, but absolutely delicious.  I ate it so fast I didn't even think to take a picture!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment