Thursday, February 13, 2014

My Week #6 & Week #7 Preview

I'm balancing a lot of different jobs right now.  Besides wife and mother, which I try to keep as first and foremost, I am working as a tutor, teacher, church secretary, cemetery secretary/treasurer, volunteer elementary tutor, volunteer Scout treasurer, and my newest addition:  Tax Collector.  It's going to be a busy season so I'm focusing on mind-organization.  My best tool for that is my planner.

I was using a Franklin Covey zippered imitation leather binder, which I liked but the zipper was frustrating when holding a toddler in one arm and trying to open a binder with the other.  I was using the Day Timer Family Plus inserts, which I really liked.  Here is how I used them:  Events in purple - to do's in pink.




But, I decided to use my birthday money this year and buy myself an A5 Filofax.  My new inserts arrived before my binder so I filled them out ahead of time!!  Here is how I tried using the vertical A5 set-up last week:




This week I am trying something a little different.  To-do lists within my scheduled work hours... or personal to-do's written in the free-space.  I need a solid menu-planning area but we aren't eating at home much this week so I can add that next week.  I'm using my Frixion pens exclusively (freedom to erase and change my mind limitlessly) until I decide on a system that works for me.  Here is my "Week 7 Before" shot.  It has a little bit of Monday updates already but I'm sure it will look worlds different on Sunday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment