Sunday, February 16, 2014

My Week #7

I'm loving my new Filofax!  The Chameleon has such a slim profile compared to the other binders I have used in this size.  I got a few stacks of scrapbook paper and an A5 hole punch so I'm getting ready to really customize it!  I'm still using the Frixion pens exclusively until I find a system that works for me.  Then, I want to try the Ultra Fine Paper Mate Flairs.

Here is my BEFORE shot of Week #7:



So I decided to use boxes to mark scheduled events and the blank spaces to mark "to do" lists.  If there is something I need to do at work, it goes in the box for that work day.  I'm finding this extremely helpful for my Tuesday/Thursday job.  I was feeling overwhelmed and unorganized, getting emails all week long but only being in the office to actually do the work twice a week.  The lists help my brain relax and keep me from forgetting things.

There were also a lot of cancellations this week due to snow.  I could have erased them to make the week look a bit neater, but I leave cancelled events in the calendar for future reference.

And here is my AFTER shot of Week 7:



On an unrelated note, I bought my son a Red Pocket Domino Filofax and I really like it!  It is so much nicer than I thought it was going to be.  Yesterday, we sat down together to sync our calendars and decorate our pages.  I got him a book of Star Wars stickers and a book of Marvel stickers to get him excited about the planner.  He wants to get extra notebook paper to keep a file of his drawings!!

I going to try to make some dividers this week -- what sections do you keep in your A5 binder?  So far I think I need -- weekly calendar, monthly calendar, contacts, finances, medical/health, cleaning schedule, kids' schedules, one for each of my jobs for meeting notes and reference info (3 or 4).  Too many??

--Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment